Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day

Lately, my days have been so busy the only thing that I've really been able to do with the blog is post a picture. Today was really no exception, but I'll give a few details.

Buttin and I often make fun of my mother-in-law (Gigi) because after every holiday she says, "That was the best (fill in the blank) ever." Well, I think I can say unequivocally that today WAS the best Mother's Day. At least it was for me and I'm sure the rest of my family would agree.

My grandmother (Bubie) surprised me this morning. She lives in Las Vegas and made the trip to Austin to help celebrate my first Mother's Day. We went out for a nice lunch, but mostly we all sat around in a circle and watched Cash.

Here is a picture - four generations together.

Buttin's family was already in town, here is four generations on his side:


As I'm sure most mothers understand, I have very few pictures of Cash and me. Most of our pictures are of Buttin and Cash or other family members and Cash or the animals and Cash. Today, we got a picture of me and Cash. I love it.


Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a nice day! I'm so glad you took the opportunity to have your picture taken with Cash. It's very important and frequently overlooked. Happy 1st Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete