Thursday, March 22, 2012

Are You Kidding Me?

Last night, as is customary, I had dinner with Liz.

We decided to eat at Pluckers - a very fancy and classy chicken place. 

I arrived a few minutes before Liz and ordered our beverages.  The beverages arrived.  Then I decided to order an appetizer - fried pickles.  I was told by the waiter that I couldn't order anything because their computers were down and rest assured that as soon as the computers were working - I would have pickles.  Sigh.  I wait (pickle-less).

Liz arrived and I told her about how we couldn't order food.  We came up with a genius strategy for our waiter - write our pickle order (on paper, with a pen) and walk it back to the kitchen.  Brilliant! The waiter told us that his manager told him he couldn't do write down our order - Liz promptly asked for the manager.  The manager told us that their corporate headquarters would not allow them to hand-write the orders and the food-cooking-people were told they couldn't make food without the orders coming through the computer.  We were told that the general manager (apparently a chicken restaurant computer wiz) was on his way.  Whoppee! 

We honestly felt kind of badly for the manager because he really did want to feed us delicious chicken, but was powerless.  Computers don't seem necessary to food preparation, but apparently they are extremely important.  

Liz and I decided not to wait for the general manager/IT genius to arrive and went to another restaurant where we were promptly served food.

Speaking of food, here is Cub taking a walk with Mouser.  Cub wanted to go see the birds that gather around a bird feeder down the trail.  I was trying to explain to Cub that cats (like Mouser) like to eat birds (seems like a good lesson for an almost 2 year old) so the birds might run away from us.

After I told the charming story about Mouser eating birds - Cub kept saying cat and then "eat" (with signs).







No comments:

Post a Comment