Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cat Bites Dog

Perhaps not that dramatic, but pretty close.

This morning I made up my mind that we were no longer living in a segregated house. 

The cats and the big dog MUST learn to at least tolerate each other (I'm no longer delusional that the cats and big dog are going to cuddle up together and pose for pictures).

We decided that I would go outside with Cub to play and Buttin would play referee with the cats and Riggs.  The point was for Buttin to only get involved if an animal was about to get injured.

The following is the actual text transcript of what followed (I've edited some of the words to keep it PG-13).

(Cub and I are outside and we hear lots and lots of barking)
 
Buttin:  Scratch may not be the most loveable cat but he is an absolute bad-ass.
Me:  What is going on in there?
Buttin: Craziness. Scratch is on the table, Riggs is going ape-poo. 
Me:  Is Scratch fighting back?
Buttin:  Oh yeah.  Refuses to give an inch. 
Me:  Mouser ran upstairs?
Buttin: (Scratch) had numerous opportunities to leave but it's like he wants to fight.  No idea where Mouse is. Scratch is one cool mother plucker. 
Me:  You have some admiration for him now?
Buttin:  Like a kittie statue with Riggs inches away then POW!!!!  Screw the dog.  This cat will protect us. 

 
 
(Pause for non-cat/dog texting about chalk and iPhones)

Buttin:  Riggs just got double teamed.  Scratch went for reinforcements. I rounded the corner to see Mouser flying at Riggs.  Mouser went hard at Riggs and now the dog won't leave my side.  
 

Me: Good for Mouser.
Buttin:  This is awesome.

The end.

Riggs left the cats alone for the rest of the morning.  

I'm quite sure we'll have to do this excercise a few more times because Riggs is dumb, but I'm at least hopeful that we can all live in the same house at the same time - one day. 

Today was beautiful so this afternoon we went to the Austin Kite Festival. It was freaking huge - I was expecting about five hippies with a goat to be flying kites in the park - ta da, a festival!  But this was a really awesome festival - I've never seen so many kites or so many people getting hit in the head by kites. 

Here's Cub pointing at (not a kite) a dog probably.


I love this picture - Cub holding on to Buttin's pocket and Buttin holding Cub's head.



No comments:

Post a Comment