Sunday, March 25, 2012

Race Anniversary

Today was the 35th Annual Capitol 10K.

I did not run, but Cub's babysitter, Hannah, and her mother ran - it was their first race together.  The Capitol 10K was the first race my mom and I did together.  I think we wore cotton shirts, soccer short and big clown shoes.  If I remember correctly - we were exhausted after the 6.1 mile race and took three hour naps.

We certainly have come a long way from that day. I'm not really training for a race right now (and that feels strange), but I'm still doing long-ish runs on Saturdays - yesterday was 12 miles.  I saw lots of bluebonnets. (Mormor, this picture was taken very close to the point where you SHOULD have turned around during Frankenthon. Do you recognize it?)



In other news, very early this morning (around 2 AM) my baby mama friend, Heather, gave birth to a little girl, Elaine.  I'm so proud of her.  I went to visit the family at the hospital this morning and Laine is beautiful.

Early this morning Cub, Buttin and I took family photos with Callie.  I can't wait to share those photos - Callie showed us a few and Cub is too freaking photogenic.  

Here's a little picture of him (taken by me) - I just like how he's posing. 


1 comment:

  1. Pretty!!! I love that you and your mom run together. I can't get my mom to run with me unless we are going wine tasting and are late :) haha - That of course, would be even more funny if my mom were here to read this...

    ReplyDelete