Friday, March 30, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

The news this week has consistent mostly of updates on The Supreme Court and Trayvon Martin.

I decided to focus on Trayvon Martin this week.

I won't jump to any conclusions about what happened between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman until more facts (real ones) are released, but I do know that it must be devastating for everyone involved.

I feel badly for Trayvon Martin's family for obvious reasons, but I feel horrible for George Zimmerman too.  No matter the circumstances, his prejudices or mindset when he pulled the trigger - he still killed a person and that's got to be a huge amount of guilt to carry. 

As a result of Trayvon's death, the community of Sanford, Florida has also been pushed into the spotlight so I wanted to find a charity in Sanford.

I found Kids House of Seminole and their focus is on preventing the abuse of children and to aid victims of abuse.  The thought of any abuse to children makes me sad and this community doesn't need anymore sadness. 

1 comment: