Friday, March 9, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

Last week, the news of tornadoes is multiple states - Kentucky, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Kansas -  was devastating. 

There was one story in particular that broke my heart and I can't even read it without crying - over and over again.  It's the story of Angel Babcock, the 15-month old toddler who was found alone and alive in a field in Indiana.  Her parents and two siblings died in the storms. Doctors were hopeful she would survive, but on Monday of this week she died. 

I cried in my office and knew that I wanted to focus my donation this week to helping the communities destroyed by the tornadoes.  I found Team Rubicon.  They're an awesome organization - they deploy returning veterans to disaster areas both here and abroad.  Veterans have the skills needed for crisis situations and Team Rubicon gives them the opportunity for continued service.  The more I read about this organization, the more I like it. 

This week I donated $20 to Team Rubicon in memory of Angel Babcock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment