Friday, March 2, 2012

Filanthropy Friday


Tomorrow is The My Fit Foods Woodlands Marathon and for the past couple of weeks I've been raising money for Girls On The Run Of Greater Houston.

I surpassed my $200 goal - but it's always nice to have a little extra!

Today I donated $20 to my own Girls On The Run fundraising page (I made my name "anonymous" so that I don't look so horrible, but I'm telling all my three readers anyway so it kind of defeats the purpose).  

In addition to Girls On The Run - I also donated $10 to The Hall Steps Foundation.  Their primary goal is to fight global poverty by helping to build communities and giving them tools to take the next step (get it? because it's called the steps foundation).  The Hall Steps Foundation was founded by runners Sara and Ryan Hall  (for those non-runners, Ryan will be running the marathon this summer in the London Olympics).  The HSF is the primary beneficiary of The My Fit Foods Woodlands Marathon, so it's kind of like I'm giving to them twice (first with my entry fee and now with my direct donation, I'm pretty generous).



No comments:

Post a Comment