Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Cash - 11 Months

Since you're nearing ONE YEAR, and I can't bare to think about it - I thought I'd write you a poem for month eleven.

Dear Cash,

If I were a chef, I'd love you more than my favorite dish;
and if I were a genie, I'd love you more than a wish.

If I were a frog, I'd love you more than another frog;
and if I were a woodchuck, I'd love you more than a big log.

If I were a doctor, I'd love you more than a cure;
and if I were a cow, I'd love you more than manure.

If I were a beautician, I'd love you more than hair;
and if I were a butt, I'd love you more than underwear.

If I were a boat, I'd love you more than setting sail;
and if I were Jack (or Jill), I'd love you more than my pail.

If I were a diamond, I'd love you more than a ring;
and if I were a child, I'd love you more than a swing.

If I were a note, I'd love you more than a song;
and if I were Chuck Barris, I'd love you more than a gong.

If I were Christmas, I'd love you more than a tree;
and if I were good student, I'd love you more than a spelling bee.

If I were a giant, I'd love you more than really big shoes;
and if I were a detective, I'd love you more than good clues.

If I were Galileo, I'd love you more than the stars;
and if I were Al Gore, I'd love you more than electric cars.

If I were a farmer, I'd love you more than cotton;
and if I were a memory, you'd never be forgotten.

I love you more than anything loves any other thing;
and it's impossible to measure - all the joy that you bring.

Please be sweet to your dad & me;
and please don't grow up too quickly.

Love you with my whole heart,
Mom


Here's a quick picture of you playing your new favorite game - Stair Master!


You bolt for the stairs (our wonderful deck stairs, which I'm sure aren't compliant even by 1950s standards) the second I let you outside and then you go down the stairs, then up the stairs, then down the stairs and then again and again until I stop you. You also seem to think that every drop (no matter how far down) is a stair. So, you'll throw your legs over anything and we have to be very careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment