Friday, March 11, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Today is a two-fer!

EASTER SEALS

A while ago, I did a virtual run for another blogger's 40th birthday.

In that blogger's race summary, she asked everyone who participated to visit another runner's blog and say "hi". This is how I found Barefoot Angie Bee.

I've been fascinated by barefoot running ever since reading (listening to) Born To Run and Angie Bee is a true barefoot running ambassador and all around awesome mom.

Angie Bee has four sons and writes about them often on her blog. One of her sons has autism and greatly benefits from an Easter Seals summer camp. She's organized a raffle on her blog to raise money for Easter Seals.

This Friday, I'm happy to help a fellow running, blogging mom with a cause that is important to her. I donated $10 to her raffle.

AMERICAN RED CROSS

I was planning on donating to the Red Cross in April to coincide with the talent show that the trade association I'm a member of is doing to benefit the Red Cross (remember my beautiful pink eye dance?). However, sometimes crap happens (like the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan) and I just felt compelled to give immediately. So, I also donated $10 to the American Red Cross today.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post and thank you from the bottom of my heart for donating to my raffle :)

    ReplyDelete