Thursday, March 31, 2011

Running & Allergies (or maybe, a cold)

Yesterday, I did a long(ish) hill run.  I don't think I've done a real hill run since before Cub was born (months before).   It was a nice cool morning and I took advantage of it.  I also took advantage of Cub's 3:30 AM wake up call so I got my run started at 4:50 AM.  I'm a couple weeks away from Zooma and I guess there's no time like the present to start training for the challenging hill course.  I'm not delusional, I'm sure we'll  (my mom and I) be walking part of this course. 

So, I seem to have caught Cub's cold - that or my allergies are going nuts.  This makes running not so much fun because in addition to all the sweat I'm producing, I'm also showering the ground with snot.  Thankfully I run at an hour when very few people are awake.  It's bad enough that I scare the deer, I don't need to scare school children too.  

Speaking of Cub's cold - he still has it but he's feeling MUCH better.  Buttin and I happily told each other this afternoon, "he's back" - meaning, our playful son has returned even though he has lots of snot too. 

Here he is being playful this afternoon.


1 comment:

  1. Have a great time at Zooma! I did that race 2 years in a row and the best part was enjoying the pool and lazy river afterwards (and beverages of course!). The hills are brutal, but the pool made it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete