Friday, March 18, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Today's choice is rather uninspiring, but only because I was kind of forced into making the donation. It was kind of like having a Girl Scout ask you to buy cookies when you're leaving a store - you enjoy Girl Scout cookies (I do), but you prefer not to feel pressured (I always feel guilty).

Allow me to explain . . .

A young woman came to our house on Saturday (I was in the driveway with Cub, so it was difficult to ignore her) asking for contributions to the Texas Campaign For The Environment. Since I'm very pro-clean water and pro-recycling, I found it difficult to refuse. I LOVE green-centric charities and I probably would have gotten around to this one at some point during the year, but the young lady just determined this week's Filanthropy Friday for me. Oh well - I guess I'll just give to a clown college next week.

I donated $15 to the TCE.

In addition to a donation, I was also asked to write letters to my state representative about certain house bills, which I gladly did. I'm not a big write-my-elected-representative kind of person, but this was the second time in as many weeks that I wrote to Mark Strama (my Texas House Representative). I guess we'll see if he writes me back - I hope he doesn't think I'm some kind of stalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment