Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Buttin's Office

My poor Buttin.

All he wanted to do this morning was get a payroll report ready for me.

However, no one would let him get anything done this morning. We actually had the teenage child (no school this week) of one of our employees bring their computer to Buttin and lay it on his desk - as if to say, "You can fix this for me now, right?". Seriously? Buttin has nothing else to do but fix a computer - is that really an urgent need right now?

I found it hilarious because it was just one of those mornings where EVERYONE wanted to talk to him and he was just trying to get this one, little thing done. I could just imagine the thought bubble over his head, "I can't wait to have an office, so I have a door to shut."

See, part of the problem is that Buttin's office only has two walls (and one of them is the women's restroom and we know how scary it is in there) and he's right by the front door. This means that even if Buttin is REALLY busy doing something - the instant people walk inside, they're in his "office".

Here's his office from another angle:

Buttin need not worry. In a couple short weeks he will be in his new office (it's huge - well compared to his current office, the women's restroom is HUGE) and I have a feeling that the first couple of months, he'll have the door shut (and locked, if possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment