Friday, November 20, 2009

Fetus Friday - Week 21

Baby Center has this to say about Lumpy during week 21:

You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better.

I am more and more confident that I have actually started to feel Lumpy move during the past couple of days. It's hard to tell exactly what something is when you've never felt it before, but Lumpy's little movements are pretty unmistakable now.

Lumpy moving is very exciting, but you know what's not exciting - acne, spider veins and varicose veins - all of which are things that might start happening to me during this time in pregnancy. The good news is that Baby Center says this is how you prevent varicose veins:

To help prevent or minimize varicose veins, exercise daily, prop up your feet and legs whenever possible, sleep on your left side, and wear maternity support hose.

At least I've got the exercise and propping my feet up part, down (I love my naps and now I have a new excuse to tell Buttin when I want something from the kitchen). I don't think the support hose are going to happen - that doesn't sound comfortable at all, but I will try sleeping on my left side.

Next week is Thanksgiving - which is very exciting. However, I do think that it's difficult to NOT gain a little extra weight while being pregnant during the months of October, November & December - oh well, I'm going to enjoy my slice of pie (or seven) and I'm sure Lumpy will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment