Monday, November 2, 2009

This Is One Serving, Right?

My mom has a friend (and prior patient) who enjoys (I think) reading my blog (hi Bill!). He and I have also become friends on Facebook and I think he likes reading about all my little food obsessions (mostly cookie dough). It's also no big mystery that I love breakfast foods.

One day, while Bill was watching the travel channel he saw that there was going to be an episode of Man vs. Food in San Antonio (where Bill lives). On this episode, the host was going to Lulu's Cafe to eat a 3.5 lb cinnamon roll. He told me to watch this episode, but it only made me drool.

I started to dream about this cinnamon roll . . . I had to have it. Bill and I discussed all the wonder of this breakfast treat on numerous occassions, but even still - I didn't have one in my possession to hold it, sqeeze it and name it as my very own. Well, Bill (very sweetly) bought me one of these cinnamon roll and my mother brought it up to me this weekend (along with some cookie dough he bought me and a stroller for Lumpy - THANKS BILL!)

Here it is - in all it's glory - I shall name him, Chewy.

Just to give you some perspective, here is Chewy next to a gallon of milk:

Here is Chewy next to a fat kitty (Scratch) - doesn't look SO big now, does it?

Here is Chewy next to a chihuahua (Cartman):

Here is Chewy next to big puppy's head (Molly):

Notice how much my animals just love posing with Chewy. That's OK - Chewy is all mine and I'm not sharing. I think I could probably enjoy (eat) Chewy in one sitting - it's about one serving, right?

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, that's one huge cinnamon roll! Hope it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Chewy" looks DELICIOUS!!!! Can I have just one bite?? Pretty please???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you eat it all in one sitting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to Molly! I'm pretty sure most dogs I've had would have their lips wrapped around your elbow.

    That was super nice of Bill, and the biggest "Breakfast Dessert" I've ever seen!

    For the Blog record: can we offically annoint Bill as "The Enabler"?

    ReplyDelete