Monday, November 23, 2009

Sales Tax Audit

As a new small business owner - everyday I learn something new. For example, one day I learned what raccoons like to eat (they'll really eat anything, but especially love peanut butter) and another day I learned that hobos like to sleep in our alley way. Everyday is a new adventure - sometimes I feel like I'm in kindergarten.

Well - today, we started our sales tax audit. Thankfully, my aunt has been through this lovely adventure before - so she knows what to expect. I, on the other hand, just keep my mouth shut and am learning to answer questions with as few words as possible. I've learned today that the fewer words you can use to answer a question, the better. I tend to over answer questions and then get myself all tied in knots for no reason.

I'm hopeful that the audit will be quick and painless. Our auditor seems young and friendly and with it being the week of Thanksgiving - I think she wants it over with as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment