Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day & Nutrition

First of all, Happy Veteran's Day! My dad is a veteran - yeah dad!

When I was growing up, I think his dream was for me to go into the Air Force. Ha - can you imagine me, in the Air Force? I guess I'd be good at the part where you wake up early and go to bed early (I think it's that way in prison too), but that's about the only thing.

In other, totally unrelated news - I tried a new morning drink today (usually I drink a combo of milk, weak coffee and a carnation instant breakfast). One of my fellow running/blogging/mommies posted this shake on her blog the other day. I've never thought to add spinach to a drink before - but I thought I would try it this morning. It was pretty tasty although the spinach doesn't quite liquefy, so it's kind of like drinking something with itty-bitty chunks. Oh well, it's probably a good way to get some of those greens that I'm lacking.

Which brings me to my next nutrition related topic - I eat some weird stuff for someone trying to run a marathon. I'm wondering if I would be a better runner with better nutrition (although I feel strongly that Cadbury Creme Eggs and Taco Bell make excellent fuel). I really am an everything in moderation kind of girl - and a couple of things in excess (like the aforementioned fuel). I'm now going to demonstrate my moderation philosophy by eating a Texadelphia Bacon Cheeseburger with fries, the moderation part is that I'm sharing an order of fries with Barbie.

P.S. I can no longer button my favorite shorts - I'm having to use a rubber band to keep them closed.

1 comment:

  1. get a "bella band"!! They sell a cheaper version at motherhood maternity (like $16). They kept me in my jeans much longer into the pregnancy, and no need for rubber bands, lol! p.s. cadbury eggs and taco bell sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete