Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today, I Will Try To Remember These Things

**Warning - possible sappy post to follow**

Sometimes (or frequently), I catch myself being negative or getting too stressed by the things that I cannot control. Today, I'm going to focus on some of the gems from my "Don't Stress The Small Stuff Calendar".

Today's (November 3rd) is perfect for me:

"Become aware of the tendency and to notice when you're focusing too much on the negative."

Here are some of my favorites from the past few months:

October 13th -

"Except for rare exceptions, we are all doing the very best we know how."

September 20th -

"As we become less judgmental and we accept that everything is how it was meant to be, we become less critical of ourselves and others, and therefore more happy."

August 1st -

"As your mind is focused in a more positive direction, and as you're looking for the gifts of your day instead of the hassles, you'll begin to notice aspects of your work life that may have been invisible to you."

April 28th (this one is probably my favorite) -

"If you could eliminate all defensiveness from your personality, you would not only have the best relationship in town but, in fact, you'd become the most loving and adorable person on the planet."

Today, I'm going to try to remember that it is more important to love than to be loved - that it is better to be compassionate than it is to be correct - and that I have all I'll ever need in my husband, my friends, my family and Lumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment