Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dear Cash - 2 Months

This idea is stolen from my friend Lisa. She had twin girls about a year and a half ago and every month she writes them a letter on her blog. I had meant to write one for Cash's one month, but I just got so busy (lame excuse, I know). So - here goes . . .

Dear baby Cash,

So many things have changed in our lives since your arrival two months ago.

I'm not very surprised that we hardly ever call you just Cash; however, I am surprised that the nickname Lumpy has not stuck (it feels so strange since Lumpy was your name even before you were conceived). We instead have many of new names for you - your dad and I both call you Graby (that's grumpy+baby=Graby), I call you Dungadoobar (I think I got this from a TV clip we saw on The Soup), you dad calls you, Cash Man & Little Man and we both call you baby Cash and Cash baby pretty frequently.

You have grown so much in the last couple of months, but when I see you next to me in the mirror I realize that you're still so very small and totally dependent upon Buttin and me for everything.

During the last month, you've started smiling - A TON! You are especially smiley when you wake up around 5AM ready to eat, play and start your day. I thought you'd be more of a nighttime baby, but as it turns out - you're a morning baby. I think you take after me when it comes to sleeping (at least right now) - early to bed, early to rise and lots of naps in the afternoon.

Most weekday mornings, you and I go into work to see your dad and all your misfit friends. You fight taking a nap at work so much that by the time we get home in the afternoon you're a super tired Graby. At work, you are entranced by the lights in you aunt Patty's office. Actually, you're mesmerized by all lights and fans.

In the afternoons you and I come home, cuddle and sleep on the couch and play. This is usually the time of day when I take your picture about 500 times. To you dad and I (and probably a couple other people), you are the cutest baby in the entire world.

You really are a wonderful and (for the most part) calm baby. I've loved watching you sleep since the first hour you were born and now, as you get older, I love watching you look around as you discover another fan (or light) or something else that captures your attention. However, I love nothing better than when you meet my eyes and smile. Your toothless grin makes us so happy.

I love every little thing about you, Cash - the way you scrunch up your face right before you're about to cry, how you fart when you eat, how you love your bath, the smiles you give me, the noises you make, your curiosity with all things relating to lights and fans and how you look when you sleep.

I had no idea what this type of love would feel like - but it's amazing. I now completely understand how my parents feel about me.

Please be sweet to your dad and me and please don't grow up to quickly.

Love,
Your Mom

I couldn't post just one picture for today, so here are a few of my favorites from the last couple of days.



1 comment: