Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Did It Feel Like This Last Year?

Because of my boobie infection I haven't been able to run in about three weeks. I felt like I got a really good start about four weeks postpartum and now (or whenever I am able to start running again) I'm starting over, again.

I'm reading all my usual running blogs and they're making me jealous. I see people running (some even in the afternoons) and I'm jealous. My only worry is that - will my body be able to adjust to all this heat and humidity?

I don't remember it being THIS hot or THIS humid this time last year - but maybe my body just had time to adjust. Cash-man and I have been going on walks in the morning and even just walking (at 6 AM) is miserable. Maybe when I start running, I'll work up a little breeze or at least that's my hope. I just can't believe that this time last year I was running double digit mileage in this kind of weather.

Well, like my friend Liz always says - it's good to have a goal - so my goal is by Labor Day to have run at least one double digit mileage run even with all this heat and humidity.

Here's a little silly picture of Cash - I wonder if his cheeks were measured they'd be in the 100th percentile.

2 comments:

  1. He is so dang CUTE! And I meant to comment on the 2 month letter...that was just about the sweetest thing. You sure love your boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to squish his little cheekies :) Angeline

    ReplyDelete