Monday, April 26, 2010

Cluster Buster

Baby Cash's sleep patterns are making it a little difficult for me to get much sleep at night.

Apparently, Day-Night reversal is very common (that's why we call him vampire baby) and usually resolves itself somewhere around week 4 to week 8. (Crossing my fingers for week 4).

Baby Cash also likes to do something else that is very common - cluster feeding. I'd never heard of cluster feeding before (not even during my birth classes), but it occurs when a baby feeds on and off for a LONG period of time. Cash likes to cluster feed from about 11:30 PM - 3:00 AM. He eats for five minutes, sleeps for ten minutes, eats for 10 minutes, sleeps for five minutes and so on. This makes sleep extremely difficult, but the books I read tell me this should be resolved as well within the next couple of weeks.

I'm not anxious for the next couple of weeks to hurry up, but I am looking forward to getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment