Monday, April 12, 2010

What Is A Name?

I had planned to post Cash's birth story today, but I'm still working on it - it's longer than my marathon story post and my mother's marathon story post put together. I'm not sure how many people will read it, but I'll try to get it posted tomorrow (in honor of Cash's one week birthday).

Instead of the birth story, I thought I'd explain Cash's name. It's pretty simple and it gives me a chance to post another picture of him - which is really all the grandmothers and great-grandmothers want to see.

Cash Hansen Naylor

Cash is in honor of Johnny Cash. I think Buttin planned to name his first son Cash before he even met me. Most of our friends knew this, so we would always joke that if it was a girl, we'd name her Cashita. Buttin could much better explain his affection for Johnny Cash, but his admiration of Johnny Cash has more to do with him as a person and what he stood for, even more so than his music - and that's saying something.

Hansen is my mother's maiden name. We selected Hansen as a middle name to honor my mother and my grandparents - Mary & George Hansen (deceased). I've always loved the idea of using family names and Hansen goes better with Cash than Cheryl (my mother's name).

Now, without further adieu, another picture of Cash - I call it "Molly watches Cash, while Daddy plays video games and drinks a Dr. Pepper."


1 comment:

  1. You only get one first baby post so make it as long as you want.
    Doesn't look like anything has changed on the couch except for the addition of Cash. So glad I didn't have to explain "Cashita" to my friends.

    ReplyDelete