Thursday, April 1, 2010

Doctor Appointment Update

HAPPY LUMPY BIRTHDAY MONTH - NO MATTER WHAT, LUMPY WILL BE BORN IN THIS MONTH!!!

Here is my update in bullet point form:
  • My doula joined me for this appointment, so it was nice for her to get to meet Dr. Elephant.
  • Blood pressure - good at 106/72.
  • I lost 7 lbs! I keep telling Dr. Elephant his scale is messed up (if you'll remember I gained 3 lbs in the previous week) because I don't really do anything THAT differently from week to week. He was a little concerned with a 7 lb weight loss but I tried to tell him that maybe I just pooped an extra amount this morning - he looked at me like I was nuts.
  • When I laid back for him to measure my fundal height he felt my stomach and said, "You're having a contraction. Can you feel it?" Me, "Nope, but if you say so." I think it was a minor Braxton-Hicks contraction (which I have started to feel more frequently), but when I'm laying completely flat on my back - it's hard to feel them. My fundal height is still 31 cm.
  • I have dilated a whole 2 cm!! I guess that's progress based upon last week's 0 cm. I'm 20% there!!
  • Lumpy's heart rate was steady and good - 145 bmp.
  • He said that if Lumpy didn't have his/her birthday by our next appointment (April 8th) that we would need to schedule Lumpy's induction.
  • I'm apparently at the point of pregnancy where I have a non-stress test (hook me up to monitors and measure Lumpy's heart rate for 30 minutes) and a biophysical profile (ultrasound) at every appointment. I did both these test and Lumpy looked great - lots of fluid and lots of movement. I got to see Lumpy practice breathing and Lumpy has hair!!! I also got a cute little picture of Lumpy's face. It's so much fun to think that I'm going to meet this little face in a week or so. I can't tell if it's a boy face or a girl face.
  • Dr. Elephant was trying to convince Lumpy that Saturday would be a good day to be born, but I'm really thinking next Wednesday (the 7th).
So now, we just wait and try to encourage Lumpy to come out! Barbie and Tubby-Tub brought me spicy shrimp for lunch today. Barbie swore it would only take ONE SHRIMP, but I ate ten for good measure. I guess we'll see . . .

2 comments:

  1. Wow you sound so laid back and calm for having a baby really soon! Congrats! Hm.. do you lose weight just before the baby comes, I can't remember. Good luck, this little person will be here really soon! (found your blog from Jess')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl! I'll be thinking about you and your Lumpy!

    ReplyDelete