Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trying To Recover

I'm very happy that Cash is currently too young to do anything active.

Buttin and I have always used our weekends to recover and today is no exception.

I went into work everyday this week for about 2 - 3 hours and I seem to have a major case of Mommy brain. Poor Barbie had to spend a couple hours organizing my mess of invoices. I blame it on my lack of sleep. I'm used to getting about 8 hours a night and I'm down to about 3.5 - 4.5 hours per night.

Cash is only sleeping so-so at night. Right now, we call him vampire baby because he LOVES to sleep during the day, but even if we try to keep him awake during the day - he doesn't seem very interested in sleep at night.

His nighttime schedule goes a little something like this:

10:30 PM - 11:15 PM: EAT & HAVE DIAPER CHANGED
11:15 PM - 11:30 PM: NAP
11:30 PM - 1:30 AM: WIDE AWAKE, BEING A LITTLE FUSSY (He seems to like it if I just hold a binkie in his mouth)
1:30 AM - 2:15 AM: EAT & HAVE DIAPER CHANGED
2:15 AM -4:30 AM: SLEEP (Yeah, I get to sleep too - except that I usually have some weird energy, so I usually start a load of laundry or something before actually getting to sleep).
4:30 AM - 5:15 AM: EAT & HAVE DIAPER CHANGED
5:15 AM - 7:30 AM: SLEEP (I sleep during this stretch too, but I tend to wake up and start doing things during this time - again, it's like I'm very sleepy, but I have a weird kind of energy).

Buttin and I have started a new little plan recently where I pump and he feeds Cash a bottle at his first nighttime feeding (10:30 - 11:15) and I try to sleep. Buttin is a night owl (like Cash), so it works out nicely for me if Buttin does this feeding and tries to get him to sleep.

Now, your daily picture of Cash - he always looks so serious when he sleeps.


No comments:

Post a Comment