Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Had A Baby For The Food

First of all - I changed my blog header back to my pre-pregnancy self and I already look exactly like my cartoon character (ha, ha). I also added little Cash even though I don't have a cartoon version of him yet.

Now, onto the food.

I didn't realize before having a baby how much food we'd receive from family and friends. Had I known this interesting fact before, I might have had a baby a lot sooner or at least pretended to have more babies.

It started out about a week before Cash was born - I received half a batch of cookie dough from my friend Liz. It was gone in about two days.

When Cash was born, I got brownies in the hospital from my friend Jen (those brownies made for excellent late night snacks) and I received candy from my mother in law and my aunt and uncle.

The real food started coming once we got home and the majority of it has come from my friend Liz. On Sunday she brought over a HUGE container (like 10 lbs) of mac n cheese and Rudy's sausage, a HUGE container of chicken and garlic rice (very yummy), 2 containers of salad and salad dressing, a half a batch of cookie dough, crackers with Brie cheese and homemade biscuits. The biscuits and cookie dough have been gone for a couple of days. She also brought over Chinese food last night. Liz obviously knows how much I love food.

My friend Christina had a chicken pot pie delivered today from the Casserole Queens - it's two women who make and deliver yummy food (and they wear little 50s costumes when they deliver the food). They've been on Throw Down with Bobby Flay and I'm looking forward to eating the pot pie.

I wonder if we'll continue to get food. I'm certainly enjoying it.

Now, here is the daily picture of Cash (in a swing from his Aunt Ann & Uncle Ben).

No comments:

Post a Comment