Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And A Little About Running

My running is greatly dependent upon my sleep.

My sleep is greatly dependent upon the cub.

Those of you who live in cooler states won't really understand this - but when the temperature (the low) gets below 70 for the first time in about five months - that's when I really look forward to a run. Last Friday, a cool front (meaning the high would only be in the low-90s) came through making our Saturday morning temperatures in the high-60s! I was so excited to run on Saturday morning; however, sleeping was not on the agenda for little cub on Friday night and he decided he wanted to see me every 90 minutes.

Me awake every 90 minutes = NO RUN.

Even before I had cub, I would get a little upset if for some reason I couldn't make it out on a morning that was cool - especially after a long summer of hot running.

I made up for Saturday by running both Sunday and Monday mornings (because cub decided to sleep a little better). They were cooler, but not as cool as Saturday. I'm really looking forward to some cooler temperatures and some longer runs (and also some sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment