Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick Programming Note

Buttin has been coping with a close family member's sudden critical illness the past couple of days. I've been trying to help.

A cousin (who is like a big brother) of Buttin's was airlifted to a hospital on Tuesday morning (although it feels like forever ago) with an extremely aggressive infection. It's been a cycle of "he's getting better" and "he's getting worse" for the past couple of days. Last night, he took a bad turn and had surgery to remove his leg. This morning things are looking better as his vital organs start to recover.

The randomness of it all is just so frightening (he is an otherwise healthy adult), but we are hopeful and optimistic.

All of this to say, I know my blog posts have been (and will continue to be) relatively short.

As we continue waiting for news -- I hug Graby and Buttin a little tighter and try to appreciate every moment (however sleepless) and not take anything for granted.

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out for his cousin. I just spent some time in the hospital and I know that it is a completely different world inside one than outside. Continue to support both him and your husband.
    I will be thinking about your family.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you mean "taken for granite"? - just a little inside joke to make you smile a little. This whole situation sucks.

    ReplyDelete