Monday, September 27, 2010

Change Of Plans

I was planning to devote my entire post today to running.

However, the weather was so nice and the cub was so happy that I decided to take a bunch of pictures and make a little photo essay of our day (with a little running thrown in) instead.

This morning I woke up not sweating and the air conditioner was not running. My first thought was that the (going on 6 months now) postpartum hormones had finally left my body. To my surprise, a cold front (a real one) had come in and it was a chilly 58 degrees outside. I wasn't able to run this morning (sad face) because cub slept in till 7:15 (happy face) after having been awake from 2:30 AM - 4:00 AM (sad face). It's still somewhat difficult to plan my morning runs because his schedule is still so wacky, but I didn't wake up in a puddle of my own sweat and I got a total of 7 hours of sleep and it was chilly outside so I knew this was going to be a good day.

I had to dress cub in REAL clothes (including socks) today. I made a mental note to buy him more stretchy pants. He has about 1500 onesies (although only 1 - long sleeved onesie) and two pairs of pants. He looks so freaking cute (a common theme for today) and he was in love with his socks:

After a good morning at work (no pictures from work because there was no cub at work), I went to pick up Graby. He was fast asleep in his little school bed, so I had to take another picture:

I waited at his school and played with some of the babies while cub slept for another 20 minutes. When I put him in his car seat to go home I noticed how blue his eyes look (kind of the way mine do) wearing his blue shirt, so I had to take a picture:

We got home and went immediately outside to play. Our new object of the day was a spoon (as you can tell - it was a BIG success):

Just for good measure, here's another picture of him playing outside and looking happy:


After about an hour outside, it was time for some for a snack and a nap. I didn't take a picture of him napping, but trust me - he was cute.

When he woke up - I decided TO GO FOR OUR FIRST RUN IN THE JOGGING STROLLER. It was only about 80 degrees (the temperature I think it was when I went for a run on Sunday morning at 6:30).

We went for a short 1.5 mile jog. I'm kind of an arm flapper when I run, so having to keep my hands on the stroller while running was a little awkward at first. I discovered that when going straight I only need to keep one hand on the stroller, leaving the other arm free to flail about. I'm sure my free arm slightly overcompensated and I probably looked a little silly, but it felt wonderful to go for a run in such beautiful weather. Cub really seemed to enjoy it too. He just looked around and ate his toy.

Here's a picture of the two of us (with a close up of cub's foot) post-run:

Here's a cute picture of cub post-run:


We came inside and cooled off (I actually DID break a sweat during the short run). Since I had my exercise, it was time for cub to have his - so he played around in his jumperoo.

After some additional playtime, a bath and dinner - cub is now in bed asleep. I'm not going to risk flash photography on this one, so again you'll just have to trust me that he's very cute.

I know this ended up being just another post with a ton of pictures of the kiddo, but it really was such a beautiful day and he really was in such a great mood that I really had to change my post topic and share (I know that's a lot of REALLYs).

No comments:

Post a Comment