Sunday, September 19, 2010

Painting With Liz!

Yesterday, Liz and I went to Painting With A Twist.

I had never heard of the place before, but it's a pretty fun concept. They give you a canvas, paint, an apron (very important, especially for me and Liz) and an easel. There are a couple of instructors and they walk your through creating a painting during the two hour session. There were about 15 other women in our group (Liz was invited by one of her friends so Liz invited me) and there was wine and cheese and chocolate!

When Liz first told me about this place - I was a little concerned they'd try to cage all my awesome creativity. Turns out - you can do what you want, but they encourage you to follow the instructor.

Liz and I were in rare form - it might have had something to do with our Twilight Zone lunch experience at Antonio's (it was like their first time making food). She started out by asking the instructors if I could have a person-sized canvas because I wanted to do a naked painting a-la-Farrah Fawcett. I'm not sure if we were amusing to the instructors or to the other painters, but we were cracking ourselves up.

Here's Liz and her painting (hers looks like a lot like the example)


Here's my painting (I rebelled by turning my canvas the opposite way and making a fall tree instead of a spring one).


Here's Liz and I:

Liz and I will certainly do this again and maybe next time we'll bring Jonathan and Buttin.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a blast! I've always been horrible at activities that require artistic ability, but I'd still be willing to give this a try (especially if there's chocolate!).

    ReplyDelete