Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baby Mamas Day!

For the first time since we started our group (some three or so months ago), I hosted our weekly mamas day get together.

Apparently, it's a well established fact that I enjoy cookies (in both dough and baked form) because three of the mamas brought cookies and one brought brownies. Sadly, no one brought me any dough or batter - bad baby mamas!

As always, it was great to see the ladies and we even had a new addition (the mama I donated milk to and her four week old son). In an "it's a small world" kind of moment, I discovered that the new mama actually had Dr. Elephant as her gyno, but decided against having him as her OB. She had a couple not so great experiences with Dr. Elephant, none of which include him saying she had a "generous" weight gain.

We spent a little time talking about our group (as we introduced ourselves to the new mama) and how it's a very non-judgmental and supportive group. I have really, really grown to care for these ladies and their sons. They make me feel completely normal (even if I barely managed to brush my hair) and secure in the parenting decisions Buttin and I have made.

Now, for a couple cute pictures.

Here's cub & his buddy Henry:


Here's Nico playing with his new best friend - Mouser:


Here is a very sweet picture of Heather & Isaac:


Here is adorable Jackson & his mama Julia:


Here is the new mama, Karen and her itty-bitty son Alan (sniff . . sniff . . I remember when Cash was this itty-bitty):


Here is Cash using his friend Henry's mom as a teether:


No comments:

Post a Comment