Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby Free Friday - Inventions

My fabulous friend Liz and I are always making up inventions. Most of them involve ways we can watch Harry Potter, Law & Order and other good shows on a continuous loop (our own TV station - not really an invention, but you get the idea) or ways to make things easier to eat (or drink).

For example, she came up with the idea of selling pie crust on a roll (like fabric). We wouldn't actually do it - but it would be fabulous if there was a store you could walk into and they could roll out sheets of pie crust for you (I know they sell something similar at a place called a grocery store, but it's not quite the same thing).

Well I've become a very light sleeper (can't mention why - but here's a hint - it's in the name of the post) and although I love it when Buttin comes to bed with me - even he's not quite ready to go to sleep at 9 PM (or sometimes 8:36) - I can't go to sleep with the lights and TV on. So, I came up with an invention so that he can read without turning on lots of lights. I know what you're thinking - don't they make something called an Itty Bitty Book Light? - well this is much different and SO MUCH BETTER.

I call it - The Arm PIT:

Arm Paperback Illumination Thingy.

Here's a picture (done with MS Paint):
The features include:
  • Flexible arm that attaches to headboard (or any other place) via a clip and can rotate just like a real arm;
  • Little fingers to hold onto the book (could also be hardback) or magazine you are reading; and
  • A light to "illuminate" your reading material.
Pretty cool, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think your previous work on clown paper and electric parachutes was more inspired, really. When will you be releasing the artist renderings of those long awaited projects?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph your invention is a good one but you have to rename it. Period. End of story. Arm PIT is a no go in the sales and marketing world.

    ReplyDelete