Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Perturbed

I love Christmas.

I love Christmas lights -- so much so that I keep them up till February.
I love Christmas cookies -- especially the dough.
I love Christmas Cadbury Eggs -- doesn't Santa bring you Cadbury Eggs?
I love Christmas presents -- especially giving them (really, that's the truth).
I love the glow of our Christmas Tree.

I love sitting in our house with no other lights on except for those from the Christmas tree (well, that and the TV because it's just silly not to have the TV on). The tree is so important to me that a couple years ago I spent a little money on a nice, pre-lit tree. I also purchased a really cool canvas bag (because who can ever get the tree back in the box?) where you can just throw all the tree parts in, zip it up and store it in the garage or attic for next year (or in my case, five months after I put it away). Since we've already had two years with this tree and canvas bag I can testify as to the ease of use - the tree and bag make for super efficient set up and dismantling therefore maximizing tree-time enjoyment.

With all this LOVE of Christmas talk, I'm sure you're wondering why in the world I'm perturbed. I'm perturbed because I've just discovered that Cartman (king of all that is gross) has been using my wonderful, easy-to-use canvas Christmas tree storage bag as his PEE MAT!


A. Pee-free zone.
B. Pee-filled zone.
C. Steam-vac that we used to need when our whole house was Cartman's pee mat.

Ugh! I can't imagine what my poor, beautiful Christmas tree smells like now. Buttin says it's time to buy a new tree, but I think it's time to sell an old puppy (any takers?).

Now, here's a picture of the one animal in our house who I'm not currently perturbed with - Mouser.

I know the picture is a little blurry and Mouser looks a little crazed, but Cub and Mouser are just so cute together.

Even though Cub grabs, pulls and bites Mouser non-stop; Mouser genuinely seems to like little Cub. I had to leave the room to grab my camera (I know - shocker - I don't have it around my neck at all times) and Mouser didn't follow me, he stayed right by Cub.

4 comments:

  1. Poor tree! Your cat could be the twin of my cat, who also tolerates an awful lot from kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you actually think you could sell Cartman? You really need to be prepared for the idea that you'll need to pay someone to take him off your hands. Lord knows that anyone who's read your blog won't take him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sell Cartman? Surely you jest. If you wanted to sell that dog you should have been handling the online marketing in a completely different way because, as Jen says, no one who has ever read your blog (or met you) would buy him. In my neighborhood pesky pets go out to meet their friends the Coyotes and no one ever sees them again. Why don't you just bring Cartman over to visit...

    Are you going to get a new tree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I saw that band open for Damn Yankees.

    Regarding Cartman: my suggestion is to put him into a blender tail-first so you can enjoy the expression.

    Or, surgical tubing+funnel+cartman>I-35=Youtube hit

    ReplyDelete