Sunday, January 2, 2011

About Time

I have a new favorite podcast to listen to while running.

It's Radio Lab.

The first show I listened to a couple of weeks ago was The Good Show. I broke into tears (happy ones) while running (thankfully, it was at 5 AM and no one was around) and fell in love with the podcast. I'm now going back and listening to older ones.

Yesterday, during my long run, I started listening to one called Time.

There was one story about how everyone thinks that time is universal, but it's not - it's relative (the whole theory of relativity thing). You know those science fiction movies where someone goes into space for a long, long time and they come back to Earth and haven't aged much, but all their family members are really old? Well, that's actually very true - the faster you move, the more time slows down.

I'm always lamenting how time is going by too quickly. What if I run really fast? Maybe my motivation for running faster is that time will slow down and then Graby won't grow up so quickly. It's worth a try, right?

This morning, Graby was looking longingly at my donut (one my New Year's resolutions is to eat more donuts) so I gave him a piece.

Donut is about on the same level as Monkey Bread, which is to say - not very popular. But, he did manage to make a huge chocolate mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment