Friday, January 14, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

This week's Filanthropy Friday is in honor of Nana & Da (deceased), Buttin's grandma & grandpa. We are celebrating Nana's 90th birthday this weekend.

Buttin (whose actual first name is George, which means "farmer") comes from a long line of farmers. His grandfather's (Da) name was also George. Coincidence? Probably not. I think Stephanie must mean exhausted blogging, running, small business owner/warehouse worker who is also a mom. I know it's a long meaning for just one name, but I digress.

So, in honor of Buttin's family - I donated $15 to Farm Aid.

I also donated because I like Willie Nelson. Cub was supposed to go to a Willie Nelson concert last July, but we failed.

My friend Liz said that I should pretend to be a "major donor" and specify (or demand) how my donation should be used.

I would like my $15 to go to better parking at Willie Nelson concerts, specifically the concerts that benefit farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment