Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Countdown Begins

One week from today will be my first post-Graby race - the Houston half-marathon. I'm a little nervous, kind of unprepared but very excited. I'm running it with my mom and two of my best friends (who are sisters). One of the sisters is 22 weeks pregnant with twins. Even though she's preggo, she'll still probably beat me.

I'm hoping this will be the start of me racing more and blogging more about racing/running. My mom and are I are planning to be half fanatics by the end of April. I haven't written a race report in FOREVER, but I'm looking forward to a good report.

In Cub news . . .

Maybe you've noticed, but Cub's hair is often in his face. Buttin calls it a reverse mullet - party in the front, business in the back. I finally understand my mom's constant request - get your hair out of your face. When he eats, he gets more food in his hair than in his mouth. Today I decided to put a little barrette in his hair - it's a very manly black barrette and he just looks so cute!

4 comments:

  1. OK....you really need to borrow Cayman for an afternoon and y'all can play "Hair Salon". She has LOTS of pretty barrettes to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the love of everything holy. Give the kid a haircut like normal people. Don't make him look like a girl. Are you trying to rush his inevitable need for therapy?

    List of grievances is growing by the minute. By the way, the barrette in his hair is a level 6 grievance which is pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Isaac's still safe from the "hair in his face" problem for a while!

    ReplyDelete