Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scaredy Cub

Cub is an extremely happy, playful (his new favorite game is chase) and social little man. However, he's starting to fear a few things:
  • Strangers or people he sees infrequently - I feel so badly for Tub. He's been to our house twice in the last week and both times Cub got a huge pouty lip, his face got all red and there were real tears. This fear only seams to extend to men - other children and most women are still OK.
  • The vacuum (I always have to look up how to spell that word) - Today I turned on the dust buster to pick up some dog food off the floor. Cash made the pouty face, darted (speedily crawled) for my legs and started to cry. I can only assume one of two things (a) Cub doesn't want me to clean or (b) he hears the vacuum so infrequently that the new noise scared him. I'm voting for A.
  • The diaper sprayer - Tonight while he was playing in his bath, I decided to use the diaper sprayer to clean off a diaper so that I could do laundry tonight (fun!). You would have thought I pinched him five times and then took away his favorite toy - oh the dramatics! It's very difficult to comfort a baby in the tub without getting soaking wet. Maybe he thought he might get sprayed with poop juice. I know I cry when I get poop juice all over myself.
Although I never like to see him upset, I know all of these new fears are just a part of learning and growing.

Now, here's a funny picture of Cub from today. I caught an action shot right as he was starting a sneeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment