Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear Cash - 9 Months

Dear little-man Cash,

I have been dreading/looking forward to the nine month milestone since the day you were born.

It's difficult to explain, but I'll try.

For nine months, you lived inside me - protected by me and fed by me. You were all mine. For these past nine months, you've gone from a little baby lump(y) to a little person - BUT I still felt like you belonged more to me than you did to this world. Now, I've had to share you with the world for as long as I had you all to myself. My sharing time will now grow and grow, but I will hold on (tight) to the memories of the nine months I had you all to myself.

This past month can be summed up in one word - CRAWL!

You crawl (quickly now) everywhere and seem to love it. I love the smile on your face as you crawl towards me.

You also enjoy pulling up on anything and everything - including things that don't support your weight (whooa . . .bump goes the baby).

You're regularly eating about three to four times a day. You LOVE chicken & sweet potato, squash and peaches & bananas. We started introducing some beginning finger foods - puffs, but so far you don't really enjoy those very much.

You are just so much fun to watch as you explore, problem solve and interact with the world around you.

Although I now have to share you with this world, I'm happy to say I've known you the longest. It's a sentiment that I'm sure I'll share (much to your embarrassment) with your first girlfriend (or boyfriend), all your co-workers and pretty much anyone who will listen to me talk about you.

Here's a little picture of you from today.


Please don't grow up too quickly and please be sweet to me and your dad.

All my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment