Friday, March 12, 2010

Doctor Appointment Update

Who would have thought that my 37 week appointment would be as uneventful as my 17 week appointment?

Actually, I'm OK with uneventful appointments.

Here are the highlights (however brief):
  • I gained two pounds. I'm guessing this is from eating cake three days in a row. Dr. Elephant didn't say a word about it.
  • My blood pressure is 110/66 - perfectly normal.
  • My fundal height is still small - 31 cm (normal is 33 cm - 40 cm), but Dr. Elephant isn't concerned - I'm still growing.
  • My Group B Strep test was negative - this is very good news, means no antibiotics during my birthing time.
  • So after last week's rather painful cervical exam, I was all set to tell Dr. Elephant the reasons why I would prefer not to have a cervical exam this week (including citing numerous medical journals about how they aren't a good predictor of when the baby will be born), when he looked at me and ask, "So, do you want to be checked or not?". All my preparation for nothing! All I got to say was - "No thank you". He said, "I don't blame you." Maybe Dr. Elephant is more in tune with me than I thought.
Dr. Elephant said, "See you next week, if you're still pregnant.". I laughed and told him that Lumpy and I had made a deal - no birthday next week and I'll buy Lumpy a present.

Next appointment: Thursday, March 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment