Thursday, March 18, 2010

Doctor Appointment Update

Here are my updates, in bullet point form:
  • Weight, unchanged.
  • Blood pressure - 106/62 - perfectly normal.
  • Lumpy's head is down (which is very good).
  • Fundal height is still 31 cm - Dr. Elephant said that Lumpy was staying small, but at this point Lumpy is plenty big so there's nothing to be concerned about.
  • Dr. Elephant asked me if I was ready to have this baby and I said, "No!". I told him I thought Lumpy would be an April 7th - April 10th baby and he told me the longest he'd let me go is April 10th (so - Lumpy, you must wait till at least March 22nd but you must have your birthday by April 10th. I know, I know I'm already demanding so much from my child).
  • Dr. Elephant did an internal exam (wasn't nearly as bad as the first one two weeks ago). He said that the baby was complying with my wishes (as my cervix is doing nothing) not to come this week. He said he didn't think Lumpy would come this week, but also said the last time he told a woman that, she had her baby that night (stay, Lumpy, stay).
Next appointment (if I'm still pregnant, Dr. Elephant says) is March 25th.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you two are doing wonderful.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete