Friday, March 19, 2010

Fetus Friday - Week 38

OK - so after my appointment yesterday with Dr. Elephant we have less than 23 days till Lumpy's birthday. I can't believe when we started this adventure - it was 280 days!

Baby Center has this to say about Lumpy:

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

Buttin and I talk about the color of Lumpy's eyes. He's hoping for blue, but I think they'll probably be hazel or green. That's my guess.

Baby Center has this to say about me:

Use this time to prepare your baby's nursery or to take care of necessary tasks you may not get around to for a while after your baby's born. Take naps, catch up on your reading, and spend uninterrupted time with your partner while you can.

My vote is to take naps. Buttin and I are each going to TRY to take a day off next week. We haven't really taken much time off from work (it's difficult when you're a small business owner) - I think our last vacation was 1.5 days in Mexico last April.

Thankfully (just by necessity), I will be forced to take some time off when Lumpy gets here - but I have a feeling that Buttin will be up at work (even if it's just for an hour or so) the day Lumpy's born. He really needs to rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment