Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dreamer vs. Doer

So, in looking back on some of the "would you rather" posts I have done - Lumpy is a Sassy, Popular Athlete - Lumpy kind of sounds like a prick. I know (hope) Lumpy will be a very wonderful, sweet, loving and happy child - that's really my only wish.

For this week's edition, I thought about making a decision between two things that no matter which one I select, Lumpy doesn't sound like a potential a-hole.

This one is actually very difficult for me. I think as a parent, you want your child to "dream big" and I have hopes of Lumpy being this open-mined visionary. However, I want Lumpy to be a hard-worker and not sit around day-dreaming about fuzzy bunnies and rainbows. The key is to combine big ideas with practical application. Easier said than done.

I was probably more of a "Doer" as a child - more pragmatic than imaginative. If I had to pick, I'd want Lumpy to be a dreamer - at least, as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment