Monday, March 22, 2010

HUGE DEADLINE APPROACHING

I'm starting to feel a little frantic now. I know that Lumpy will be here on or before April 10th and now that I have that deadline, I'm freakishly trying to cram as much into the next couple of weeks as possible. It's as though my mind thinks I'll be unable to do anything after Lumpy gets here and of course nothing could ever be done correctly without my supervision/help (my mind is VERY irrational right now).

I've got most of Lumpy's stuff ready to go, so I feel better about having the basic necessities for my child; however, I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone last week and she asked about Lumpy's room. I told her that Lumpy doesn't really have a room and she acted a little shocked. I think she's one of those mommies who had her entire act together before the arrival of her children. Oh well, like Buttin (and Jen) keeps telling me, we live within a 3 mile radius of every major store you could possibly imagine - if we don't have it (and we need it), we can go buy it. I do have a recurring nightmare where I've forgotten something VERY basic (kind of like dreaming that you're late for a test), but I know that the hospital will provide everything for the first couple of days and after that - I'll have friends and family to run errands for me.

My frantic focus right now is work. I feel like I'm trying to accomplish everything immediately, there is no time for tomorrow- there is only today. Why can't we get this done today? I want it done now! The problem is, no one else feels the same sense of urgency I do (and of course they shouldn't, that would be silly) and I'm sure I'm driving all the misfits crazy. I'm trying to breathe deeply and think rationally. I guess the good thing is that I can still recognize the difference between my rationale and irrational thoughts - but I have no idea what tomorrow might bring.

1 comment: