Thursday, March 4, 2010

Well, They Had To End Sometime

My nice, easy Dr. Elephant appointments.

Warning, some of the following details may be too graphic for some delicate readers.

Here's a list of the not so easy stuff:
  • Group B Strep Test. I knew this was coming - I had read that they do a who-ha and butt swab, thankfully (if you can call it that) Dr. Elephant only believes in doing the who-ha swab.
  • Cervical Exam. I wasn't really prepared for a cervical exam THIS week. I'll plan to use some relaxation techniques next time because that sucker was quite uncomfortable. Yeochy. No progress, which I wasn't really expecting; however, he said my cervix was soft. I've read a lot about cervical exams and honestly, I don't think they really tell you anything - some women walk around dilated for weeks and others go from 0 to 10 in hours. I think I may talk to Dr. Elephant about the need for these exams. I'm quite sure I'll know when Lumpy is on the way.
Here's a list of the pretty easy stuff:
  • I lost 1 lb. I blame my mother in law because she didn't bring me the four boxes of GSC she promised (apparently everyone where she works ate them).
  • My blood pressure is good - 110/60.
  • Lumpy's heart rate is good.
  • Dr. Elephant said we are now to the point where if I went into labor (birthing time); he would not try to stop it - we would have Lumpy. I prefer to let Lumpy cook a few more weeks.
Next appointment - Friday, March 12th. I will now see Dr. Elephant every week till Lumpy's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment