Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cadbury Eggs & Hot Yoga

At first glance - it may not seem like these two items have anything to do with each other, and you would be correct. However both have played a pretty profound roll in my life during the last 16 hours.

Cadbury Eggs - don't be jealous!

For the most part, I've been craving salty things. This doesn't keep me from eating my 2 (or 10) pieces of chocolate a day, but I eat it now more out of habit than as a craving. Well, last week I wanted (desperately) a Cadbury Creme Egg. I scoured the interweb - no candy vendor anywhere (including overseas) was currently selling them. As a last ditch effort, I checked Ebay - SUCCESS! I found someone selling 32 (8 boxes of 4) Cadbury Eggs and bought them quickly.

My little eggs of delight showed up at my door yesterday (in a keep cool pack - fancy) and it made me so happy to put them in my freezer - here they are in all their glory:

My friend Liz was a little scared when I told her that I had purchased an edible product off of Ebay, but her husband purchased meat from a person driving a truck - so I don't really feel like this was any worse. Liz - I ate one last night (it was delicious) and I'm doing just fine, please do not worry.

Hot Yoga - you probably aren't jealous of this one.

I think I've mentioned that on days I don't run I participate in a "Team Tri" class at my gym. Most days we bike, swim or run (i.e "Tri"), but some days we try (get it? so funny) new things. Today's new thing was yoga in what can only be described as a room that felt like Houston in August. Bleh!

I don't think I have EVER sweat this much while running. My light green shirt was a very dark green half way through the class. There was no stitch of clothing left untouched by sweat. I was the most disgusting, drippy person and if sweating was the goal of the class - I won! There were other people sweating too - but I'm quite sure I was the worst. (or best - depending on how you look at it) My underwear was sticking to me in the most uncomfortable way - it was just gross.

The yoga was OK. I'm not really much of a yoga person - this was probably only the third class I've taken in my lifetime. Lots of holding still and stretching (and sweating, did I mention sweating?) and doing weird things that my body just doesn't do. I'm glad that I did it, but I probably won't do it again.

4 comments:

  1. You stretched - beyond ankle stretches? I'm marking this day on my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of the eggs AND yoga! I LOOOVE Cadbury eggs! Remember to stock up next March when they hit the shelves, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely related to your uncle and grandmother. Diabetes, here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already said this but I will say it again:

    Don't take candy from strangers. Especially strangers on the internet whose names, addresses, and criminal history you don't know. Just don't come crying to me when you are on your deathbed because those eggs have been poisoned with some rare poison that only serial killers use. I will have no sympathy for you when you are writing in pain and your skin is melting off because the slow acting poison finally kicked in. You really need to watch more "Criminal Minds" because I am pretty sure they cover this kind of thing in at least one episode.

    I suggest you start discussing whether or not you prefer cremation or burial with Matt so he can be prepared for your demise.

    See you at the movies tonight but don't be offended that I don't want you to touch me in case the poison is transferable.

    Enough said on this topic.

    ReplyDelete