Sunday, October 4, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 9/28 - 10/3

Total Miles Completed: 33.15

Average Pace: 12: 52

So slow, but I did my first 20 miler! Just like last week's long run, I felt good the first 12, but then my legs and feet started to tighten up. The last 6 miles I would run for about .75 miles, stop and stretch for a minute (really my ankles and insteps), walk for a minute and repeat. I felt just fine when I finished, not really fatigued and mentally good except that I'm worried about my feet. I think next week I'm going to go back to an older pair of shoes (the pair I wore for my last two runs are only about 60 miles broken-in).

4 comments:

  1. 20 miles in one DAY?!???
    It would take me a 2 weeks to WALK 20 miles!
    Besides, I might spill my cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog while checking out some other blogs. It's always great to find another TX runner. Great job on your 20 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog. Looking forward to you following my blog as I will start following this blog too.

    ReplyDelete