Wednesday, October 14, 2009

French Fries + Ketchup = Good Nutrition, Right?

So, the past few days I haven't been feeling that good - kind of clammy and headachy (the lack of AC in our house probably isn't helping things), but no fever or anything horrible. As a result of these icky feelings - some days I haven't wanted a thing to eat, while other days - I've been starving. Yesterday was one of the starving days. All I really wanted yesterday was ketchup, so finally at 4:00 I convinced Buttin that on his way home from work he really should stop by Catfish Parlour (some of the best fries around in my opinion) and pick me up some french fries and KETCHUP - LOTS OF KETCHUP! It was delicious and satisfying, but I felt a little disgusting after my bag o fries was finished. It was all I ate for dinner and I'm quite sure it counts as a healthy dinner - it's like having two vegetables (potato and tomato).

In other news, I had my first really good night's sleep (in a while) last night. I'm convinced that my animals are colluding in an attempt to "train" me for Lumpy. Molly has been waking up every night around 1:30 crying to come inside (although she won't come inside at 10 - when it's normally time to go to bed). As soon as she starts scratching at the door, Cartman (who sleeps in bed with us) starts barking (and it's such a pleasant bark) in my ear. My dear Buttin - doesn't hear any of this and is able to peaceful stay asleep the entire time.

I get out of bed and Cartman follows me. I put Molly in her room and then let Cartman go outside (Cartman pee is toxic and if he's out of bed - he's going to pee somewhere, so I'd like it to be outside). By this time, I've walked in the kitchen at least two times, so Scratch (the fluffy cat) jumps up to his food bowl and cries at me, demanding that tuna be served. Mouser is the only animal that doesn't get out of bed; however, he's patiently waiting for my return. When I try to lay back down to sleep - he pounces on my chest for some love and attention. He thinks I want to spend the next 30 minutes scratching his chin, which I don't - but he will mercilessly attack my hands, feet, head or any other body part he can find until I give him some attention.

At this point, I am wide awake - there is no easy way to fall back asleep. Eventually, I turn the TV on and maybe fall back asleep - hoping the animals are settled back in enough to let me sleep until 5:09, when my alarm goes off. I really do think this is very calm compared to all the nighttime activity I will be experiencing in a few months, but I really do want all the sleep that I can get now.

1 comment:

  1. Since your animals want to get you trained, it's time that you begin training Buttin. Nothing like a hard elbow poke and the magic words, "Honey, it's your turn" to do the trick! Don't you other mothers agree???

    ReplyDelete