Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is This Allergies, Pregnancy or Swine Flu?

I honestly don't think it's Swine Flu - I'm just being dramatic.

Some days I wake up alert, healthy and ready to go. Today is not one of those days. I feel stuffy and achy. I didn't run this morning - I used the rain as an excuse, although technically I've gone running when it's been raining a lot harder. I just didn't feel like getting out of bed.

Yesterday, I felt fantastic. Maybe I just knew I had birthday cake to look forward to at work (thankfully Patty left her cake here, so I can still eat some today) or maybe it was the sunshine. I'm not sure. I would just like to consistently feel good for one solid week.

Everyone at work seems to be sick too. This does not help with the "healthy thoughts" I'm trying to keep in my brain. Also, with being pregnant - I'm somewhat limited to the drugs that I can take. It's kind of strange - there are these drug categories for pregnant women. Every drug is ranked in a category A, B, C, D & X (A drugs are the safest and X drugs, well that's kind of obvious). My favorite allergy medicine is a B (Claritin D) - my doctor prefers that I not take this and instead recommends Benadryl (also a B) or Sudafed (which is a C). This seems strange to me (C drugs are supposed to be worse than B drugs), but I'm not the doctor - so I'll obey. Although, I really, really want a Claritin.

My new theory is that chocolate cake cures everything (I felt good yesterday, right?) so I'm going to go have a piece of it and try to feel more chipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment