Sunday, October 18, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 10/12 - 10/18

Total Miles Completed: 24.95

Average Pace: 12: 36

I wasn't feeling very good during the beginning of the week, so my mileage went down a little this week. My long Saturday run was a really, nice and cool 15.5 miles. However, it was not without a minor incident. I didn't go to my usual trails for my long run - I think they're still pretty soggy from all the recent rain - so I ran around my house. Well, there really aren't any public restrooms in all the neighborhoods and my house is at the end of a culdesac, so I don't really run by my house. In the last few weeks, I haven't been able to run more than 10 miles without a bathroom break (this wasn't an issue before pregnancy), and Saturday was no exception. Let's just say it's a good thing I bring tissue with me and that I found a nice wooded area (next to an elementary school - I felt a little creepy, but didn't think there was any chance people would be around). After my quick pee break, I ran another 5 miles - it's just kind of funny to watch my run on the Garmin website because you can very obviously tell where I go off the street and stop.

I'm hoping for a good feeling week this week because I plan to do another 20 this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment