Friday, October 16, 2009

Trade Show Recap

I really should just call this post - Lots of Pictures of Guys in Dresses. That would be a more accurate description.

The trade show was an absolute blast! All the guys (6 of them) were such good sports a
bout the make-up (probably the worst part for all of them), their dresses, wigs and shoes. They all got so much attention. Buttin told me he's never had so many people want to take a picture with him in his life - he felt like a rock star (a side note - his Deal or No Deal girl name was "Tawny", maybe you've read the post about Buttin's childhood dreams).

Here's a quick recap:
Trade Show: Austin Apartment Association
Theme:
Game Show Mania
Our Booth:
Deal or No Deal
Place:
2nd Place
(we may have been robbed - how on earth could you top guys in dresses?)


There were actually three of us girls in dresses. I don't really think we even needed to be there - no one said two words to us. OK - now time for some pictures: Here is Buttin doing his "pretty girl" pose:
Here's Buttin & my cousin, Sean (aka Portia), getting ready (I know they're loving all the attention): This is our AWESOME group (this was our sassy picture that was taken professionally):


Bridesmaids at weddings usually take a "shoe" picture. I don't know why, but here's our "shoe" picture. We made these shoes by spray painting black flip flops and attaching a pretty blue bow. Even after a shower this morning, I still have some silver paint on my feet (we let the shoes dry for over a week). Can you tell the legs of the real girls?:
Here's Barbie and Tubby-Tub: All night long, the guys had to walk into the men's restroom with their dresses on - here's a picture I'm particularly proud of (I love Buttin's farmer tan): Here is one of my favorite pictures of the night - Sean just seems like a natural: Here's a couple of me & Buttin: A quick word about the dresses - I'm really am not as pregnant as this dress makes me look. These dresses were so much more flattering on the guys than they were on the women. All the girls looked like chubby ballerinas.

The real girls ended up leaving around 7:30 - I was exhausted and had a huge headache (from lack of food and sleep). This morning - all the guy/girls came into work looking a little like club-kids, with eyeliner still around their eyes. I don't know what the theme to next year's trade show is yet, but I have no idea how we could possible top this year.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll Bite, since no one else has commented....

    Best pic is Buttin at the urinal: part scene from Bachelor Party, part prison flashback.

    All I know is: I do NOT what to know what is in case #6.

    Dressing in Drag is fun, not gay. Not shaving your beard in Drag: that's Big Gay Al gay

    #1 Question: Where you you find size 13 flats????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just seems very 'Monty Python' doesn't it? And agreed, men in drag drinking beer and pissing = awesomeness every time!

    ReplyDelete