Monday, October 5, 2009

Lumpy's Aunts & Uncles

Buttin and I are only children. (Although I do have a wonderful step-brother, three half-brothers and two half-sisters.) Buttin is also an only grandchild on his mother's side of the family. We have a limited number of relatives who live close (Ahemm . . .MIL), but I'm postive that Lumpy will have quite a few adopted family members.
Bulleted List
Lumpy will have a wonderful support system of adopted aunts and uncles. Here's how I imagine they'll be:

  • Aunt Liz - she'll teach Lumpy valuable life lessons like how to open a bottle of wine and how to cheat at any game. She'll also write Lumpy's application to Stanford. In the application Lumpy will be class president, valedictorian, Peace Corp volunteer, non-profit organization founder and published author. On some special occasions, she might actually sing a song or two for Lumpy.
  • Uncle Jonathan - he'll be Lumpy's sweetest uncle. He'll be the fun uncle that wants nothing more than for Lumpy to be happy. I see lots of playtime (and good food) with Uncle Jonathan in Lumpy's future.
  • Uncle Oliver - he'll be Lumpy's smart-ass, intellectual uncle. He'll have no problem teaching Lumpy how to be sarcastic and question authority. If Lumpy is a boy - I'm sure he'll try to teach him the proper way to attract a woman for any occasion and if Lumpy is a girl - I'm sure he'll teach her how to avoid guys like him.
  • Uncle Keese - he'll be Lumpy's tough on the exterior, but big huge softy on the inside uncle. I think there will be a bald spot on Lumpy's head from all of the Keese kisses. He'll also be on the Texas Tech recruitment committee.
  • Uncle Nick - he'll be Lumpy's storytelling uncle. Uncle Nick knows all about Buttin's childhood dreams and will have no problems sharing them. Uncle Nick will also teach Lumpy about Uncle Beckworth (RIP) - the two of them (Nick and Beckworth) shaped Buttin probably as much as his mother, grandmother and grandfather.
  • Aunt Rhonda - she'll teach Lumpy how to sing the butt crack song, avoid roaches and how not to fear beans (yucky beans). She'll also teach Lumpy to accept and be loving of everyone. (I think she's done a great job on this with her daughter, Cayman.)
  • Uncle Todd - he'll be another very sweet uncle. He'll teach Lumpy to do all the fix-it stuff that Buttin can't teach Lumpy. Goodness knows, if Lumpy didn't have Uncle Todd in his/her life - Lumpy would barely be able to change a lightbulb.
  • Uncle Mick - he'll teach Lumpy all about obscure movies, TV shows, books and music. He'll also help out in the smart-ass department.
  • Aunt Tara - she'll teach Lumpy how to knit and shop for cool furniture. I'm sure she will teach these things equally well no matter if Lumpy is a boy or girl.
  • Aunt Shannon - she'll be the sweetest (and sweatiest) aunt. She'll also be the one I call whenever Lumpy is hurting (she's a pediatrician). I wish she would freaking move to Austin so she would be closer.
  • Uncle Cody - he'll be the Texas Tech recruitment committee chair uncle (with Buttin & Uncle Keese as committee members). I'm sure he'll teach Lumpy all about how to lose to Texas and be a good sport.
  • Uncle Ben - he'll teach Lumpy all about the deliciousness of screw-top Arkansas wine. Lumpy will also be best friends with Ben and Ann's son, Connor.
  • Aunt Ann - she'll teach Lumpy about Dim Sum. Ann also has this wonderful thing about her where she finds joy and laughter in pretty much everything - I hope Lumpy gets this from his/her Aunt Ann.
  • Aunt Jen - she'll be like a second Mom to Lumpy. I'm sure Lumpy will have some silly little name for her (I vote for Aunt Winnie) and will probably like her more than me.
  • Uncle Mark- he'll be the most fun uncle. Uncle Mark will say yes to everything and buy Lumpy every loud and messy toy ever created (mostly to get back at Buttin for all the toys he's bought for Stefan and Jesse).
Lumpy is going to have such a fun life. I already think Lumpy is pretty fortunate to have all these adopted aunts and uncles looking forward to his/her arrival. Thanks in advance to each and every one of you!

4 comments:

  1. This is a pretty shady group of aunts and uncles you have waiting for Lumpy's arrival. I figure he or she will be in juvie by age 10 unless you make sure he/she spends at least 5 hours a week with Jen and even then its going to be an uphill battle against Lumpy's law breaking urges. She is clearly the responsible adult in this crowd. Well, maybe Ben and Ann too since they already have a baby and seem pretty responsible from what I hear.

    Now, I have to get back to cooking meth...these drugs don't make themselves you know and I am saving up for some sequined assless chaps to wear to meet my parole officer next week. I think he will be impressed with me for dressing up for our meeting. Normally I just show up in a tank top, cut offs, and pearls.

    Former Prisoner #8388

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, c'mon!!! Avoid guys like me? I'm a nice guy...I just have massive, soul-crushing commitment issues, that's all. Everything else was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. You are so sweet. I can't wait for Connor and your baby to have play dates together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise I will not sing the butt crack song to Lumpy until he/she is at least 6 months old! And I will sing the lullaby version so as not to traumatize.

    ReplyDelete