Sunday, October 11, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 10/6 - 10/11

Total Miles Completed: 28.23

Average Pace: 12: 10

Faster this week, but fewer miles. After my 20 miler last week, my long run this weekend was only supposed to be around 12 - 15. Well, I only went 10.

I was so looking forward to my long run - it was 54 outside and I was actually wearing a shirt with sleeves. I couldn't wait! I went to my trails and not only were the gates locked, but there were also cones in front. I decided to sneak in. Well, I soon realized while the park was semi-closed. The trails had been completely rained out. During my 2.5 mile (very slow) trail run, I waded in no less than 5 ankle deep puddles, fell into about 3 deep trenches and saw two lake alligators (OK, maybe I'm making that last part up). I certainly wasn't going to run 12 - 15 miles in these conditions, so I ran back to my car.

I decided I would run my remaining 10 or so miles around my house (I did 10 on Wednesday - so it should be easy, right?). After taking a quick pee at home, I resumed my run around 7:00 AM. It was so nice and cool - I didn't need to bring my sweat rag and I really didn't need to bring my large bottle of water. Sadly, around mile 5 - I start to feel a very bad urge in my tummy. I quickly headed back home and took a poop. I had only gone 7.5 (for a total of 10), but decided to not try to go back out again. Good thing I was scheduled for a shorter, long run.

1 comment:

  1. Your courage to share bodily functions is inspirational and freeing for women everywhere. Girl: you put the log in blog.

    - Whoopie Goldberg

    ReplyDelete